Pages

Friday 22 July 2016

Sleek Solstice Highlighting Palette Review & Swatches ♡

Everyone loves a good highlighter but they can get quite expensive, I think I may have found the perfect affordable option and as a bonus, it's a palette of four different, stunning highlight shades.


The Sleek Solstice Highlight Palette is a gorgeous gold palette with a magnetic closure and retailing for only £9.99 Sleek have really tapped into what every makeup lover seems to be looking for, and that's not even getting onto the highlighters. It does contain a brush but like most brushes that come with palettes it's not the best quality.
The Solstice palette contains four highlighters, three of them are powder and one cream but the formula for all of them is really nice.

Ecliptic- a really pretty champagne colour, the one cream of the group and is really smooth and easy to blend, this works really well as an brow bone highlight, and you can use Equinox or a similar eyeshadow to set it if you need to

Hemisphere- a lilac pink with a silver tone to it, I was really unsure about this shade but it manages to be wearable without losing it's colour, this is lovely on the cheekbones and the cupids bow

Subsolar- a golden yellow which is another I was unsure about, probably the one I reach for the least but it does look nice with the right look, I do light this down the nose to add some depth to the face

Equinox- a coppery gold colour that is stunning! this over Ecliptic is incredible and I think this might be my favourite shade in the palette, I love this on any highlight areas, it's great all round, I've also been using it on the inner corner of my eyes a lot too

sunlight swatches-L-R Ecliptic, Hemisphere, Subsolar & Equinox
I took the swatch photos both with and without flash to show the shades properly, and all of the swatches are just one layer to show how pigmented they are, you really don't need a lot of product with these! 

flash swatches-L-R-Ecliptic, Hemisphere, Sebsolar & Equinox
I use the Real Techniques setting brush (CF) to highlight, and a Spectrum A13 smudge brush (CF) to apply the cream shade to the brow bone, I can imagine these would also work well applied with your fingers if that's how you prefer to highlight, the only thing I would change about this palette is the brush, it would be better if it was softer but also would have worked well without the brush with larger pans of highlight instead. 

All in all I really would recommend you check this palette out, I was unsure myself to begin with but it was love at first swatch when I saw it in Superdrug, at £9.99 this palette is not one to miss, the packaging is lovely, the highlighters are incredible and I even love the names, such a cute touch.

This palette is available in Boots, Superdrug and Feel Unique. Sleek also has a highlight palette called Precious Metals which I'm now really tempted to get knowing how amazing this one is! 

I mentioned in my last post that I'm starting to note in my posts which products are Cruelty Free by putting (CF) next to it, I'm not 100% sure whether Sleek is cruelty free but I think they are.

Thankyou for reading ♡ 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com | Header Image by Freepik